Florida Yacht Broker
LICENSED & BONDED
David has spent his entire life on the water and has 20 years of experience in the superyacht industry, bringing with him a wealth of passion and knowledge to Denison Yachting.
David has navigated most of the world’s oceans and has accumulated more than 100,000 sea miles during his tenure as a captain onboard multiple Feadships and other fine yachts. “The experience that I have gathered from my time working onboard the large yachts has trained me to look for the best value for my client and to truly understand what a vessel’s operating costs are,” David said.
David also has held the position of Project Manager at a prominent European yard for a New Build project and also captained that yacht for a period of time before moving back to Florida.
The experience gained from working on a new build in Europe is priceless and allows David special insight when negotiating with the yards.
With more than 10 years of experience as a megayacht captain, along with his experience as a yacht broker, David is considered an expert in the yachting field and is dedicated to serving his clients’ needs. David joined the Denison Yachting Sales team in 2010 and is based in the Fort Lauderdale office. His experience with brokering sales in Europe, the United States, and Latin America has provided him with the knowledge required to complete the most complicated closings.
Other personal and professional highlights:
While growing up on the shores of Connecticut, David spent his summers as a sailing instructor at the historical Mystic Seaport Museum.
• Graduate of University of Connecticut
• In 1993 moved to Lake Tahoe, where he started a marine repair business with his brother
• Also raced in the Professional Offshore Powerboat Series and spent time cruising on Lake Tahoe in classic Garwoods, Rivas and Chris Crafts.
• Lived in Tahoe for 4 years, where he competed in mountain bike events and was able to ski and snowboard over 100 days annually.
• In the winter of 1997 David delivered/raced a brand new 60’ Wylie designed Maxi sailboat from San Francisco to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where he first saw the 40m megayacht that he would captain four years later.
• Spent the next 6.5 years working onboard a Benetti 40m megayacht as a deckhand, bosun, first mate, and finally captain.
• David’s travels took him from the Pacific Ocean to the Aegean Sea multiple times with trips to New England and the Caribbean in between.
• Prior to starting as a Yacht Broker, David was also involved in a new yacht construction project, a couple of major shipyard refits, and the purchase of a 52m Feadship.
Experience At Your Side
Selling or purchasing a yacht demands professional expertise and extensive market knowledge. David will work hand-in-hand with clients to guide and advise them on all aspects of the purchase process + will protect their interests every step of the way.
Current Yacht Listings
It’s simple, list your boat with us today Put the expertise of our team of professionals at your service.Get Started
1535 SE 17th St. #119, Fort Lauderdale, Florida